- Saturday 16th December is the District Christmas event at St Michael, Kingsnorth (TN23 3EQ). 3pm start. Ringing, cake & quiz. If you would like to make/buy cake/sweet treats please let Sandy know . Bring your own drinks (tea & coffee will be supplied). Don’t forget your pens for the quiz!
- Note: There is a Winter Wonderland event at the same time, so parking may be reduced at the village hall, though there should still be street parking!
- Kent MINI Ringers at Staplehurst 16th December 10:30 – 2pm. Older/more experienced Ringers to go from approx 12pm to stay until 3:30pm.
- Nominate someone for an ART Award. Do you know someone who’s making a difference and making things happen? Then don’t be shy. Say thank-you by nominating them for an award, and if they win, they’ll receive a substantial cash prize to spend on a ringing related activity or product. More information can be found at https://bellringing.org/art-awards-2024/
The next events will be:
- Saturday 16thDecember: Ashford District Christmas Event at Kingsnorth 3pm start. Ringing, cake and a quiz.
- Saturday 20th January: meeting at SS Gregory & Martin, Wye (TN25 5BP). Ringing 10am – 12pm. Meeting to be held afterwards in the church.
- Saturday 24th April: Kent County Association AGM Hosted by the Rochester District.
November County Committee Meeting Summary:
Brian (our district rep) provided the following feedback from the November KCACR committee meeting:
- There will be a new membership payment system (Member Mojo) in place for the New Year. From discussion, the matter of making a bulk payment was raised and it appears the new system will not allow this. It was suggested that this may lose members.
- Please get in touch with a district committee member if you have any problems with this.
- Safeguarding discussions are still going on to make the leadership instruction more relevant. An audit form has now been sent to most rev persons and will be passed to tower captains for completion. Be careful saving this, I suggest keeping a good old paper copy for evidence.
- A grant to Margate is being considered.
- There are some M1 training courses taking place. Contact Sue Bassett.
- Bell maintenance courses have been run in the Tonbridge district. Further courses can be run and it was suggested a young ringers one might be an idea.
- The 6 bell county striking competitions will be in the Lewisham district in September. ( Penge)
- The 2024 AGM will be in the Rochester district based on Rainham. No lunch will be arranged but food can be eaten in church with drink available.
- 8 bell striking competition, Canterbury district, Quex Park with a BBQ, 22nd June. Possibly access to a museum.
- Method, Canterbury Bob Triples.
- Choral evensong to be at Canterbury Cathedral not Rochester, with less of a memorial format.
- Bell restoration report on the website
If you fancy venturing out during the week- below is a list of practice nights that would welcome your attendance.
Ashford 7:50-9:00 (Usually preceded by a pre practice quarter peal)
Folkestone 1st, 2nd & 4th 7:30-9:00. No practice 3rd Tuesday.
Cheriton & Dover joint practice 3rd Wednesday 7:30-9:00. Location tbc
Willesborough 7:30-9:00 (every third Thursday)
(If you hold a regular practice and would like to add your practice to this list please let me know.)
As many of you know, there is a project in progress to have the lovely, but challenging, bells at Bethersden rehung (but not tuned).
Here is a link to the Bethersden ringers’ Crowdfunding page: https://www.crowdfunder.co.uk/p/keep-the-bethersden-church-bells-ringing
The link for the online training can be found here: https://safeguardingtraining.cofeportal.org
KCACR Safeguarding Resources – KCACR.org.uk
Ashford District Officers:
District Rep– Brian Butcher
Ed & Helen