The 2019 Council weekend will take place at Goldsmiths College, New Cross, London, SE14 6NW on Friday 6th to Sunday 8th September.
All ringers are invited to attend the weekend and take part in the activities on offer. Full details of the programme are due to be agreed by the Council’s Executive in late February and will be published in May, but are likely to include:
Friday 6th September
- Ringing at various London towers
- Informal hot buffet supper at Goldsmiths College, followed by a quiz evening with cash bar.
Saturday 7th September
- Workgroup sessions followed by the Ringing World AGM and lunch
- The 2019 Council Meeting
- Service/concert for all
- The Council’s annual dinner, preceded by the President’s reception
Sunday 8th September
- Service ringing at local churches, focusing on those where limited or no ringing currently takes place
- Conference programme of seminars open to all ringers, further details of which will be published in May
- Lunch, followed by keynote speaker events, details of which will be available from May.
A mini ringing roadshow, involving demonstrations and stands from various ringing suppliers and organisations will be held alongside the formal events on both Saturday 7th and Sunday 8th September.
Full details of the weekend programme will be available from May, when registration for the Council Meeting, Annual Dinner and other weekend events will be open via the “London 2019” page on the Council’s website at https://cccbr.org.uk/about/meetings/2019-meeting/
Please pass this information on to your association members.
Suggestions and contributions to the weekend programme
There is still time to make additions to the weekend programme:-
- If you or your organisation would like to take part in the mini-roadshow, run a conference workshop or seminar event, or simply offer your help to make the weekend a success we would be delighted to hear from you.
- If there is an event or seminar which you would like to see included, please let us know.
To get in touch with any suggestions or offers of help, please email the organising team at [cccbr_sc_email address=”London2019Events@cccbr.org.uk” text=”London2019Events@cccbr.org.uk”]
How to book accommodation
For those wishing to book accommodation, there are two options:
Accommodation can now be booked in advance for those wishing to stay overnight at Goldsmiths College on one or more nights between Thursday 5th and Sunday 8th September.
We have reserved a number of single en-suite rooms in the Halls of Residence at Goldsmiths College at the following special rates for Council Members and those wishing to attend weekend events:
- Single room (room only) at £45.60 per night
- Single room (with breakfast) at £53.40 per night
Please bear in mind that as with all student halls of residence, these room provide basic accommodation similar to that provided at most universities.
To book accommodation at Goldsmiths College, Simply go to the London 2019 page at https://cccbr.org.uk/about/meetings/2019-meeting/ on the Council’s website, where you can find full instructions together with a link to the Goldsmith’s site.
Whilst Goldsmith’s College does not offer double or twin accommodation, a number of nearby hotels offer double or twin rooms at reasonable prices, with good access to the College campus. These include:
- Hotels within 11 minutes bus journey time from Goldsmiths College (routes 53, 453, 177)
- Premier Inn, Greenwich, 43-81 Greenwich High Road, London SE10 8JL, Booking line: 0871-527-9208.
- Hotels within 18 minutes bus journey time from Goldsmiths College (route 177)
- Doubletree by Hilton, Greenwich, Catherine Grove, London, SE10 8BB. Booking line: 020-8469-4440
- Ibis Hotel, Greenwich, 30 Stockwell Street, London, SE10 9JN, Booking line: 020-8305-1177
Arrangements for car parking are currently being explored with the College.