I would like to invite you to take part in the first Association 6-bell Call-Change Competition on Saturday 30th September. It will take place at St Mary Magdalene, Monkton (6, 7-0-9) in the Canterbury District and the draw will be at 2:00pm.
The aim of this competition is to further promote good striking through the ringing of call-changes. In order to encourage as many ringers as possible to partake, the rules have been amended from those published in the current Handbook and are as follows:
- The competition will be open to teams made up or ringers who are members of The Kent County Association of Change Ringers.
- No ringer may represent more than one team in the competition.
- The competition will be limited to 10 teams. Teams wishing to take part must submit a request by email to the Association Chairman () by 30th August 2023.
- In the event of more than 10 teams wishing to enter, places will be allocated by a draw. Entry will be confirmed by 31st August 2023.
- The test piece will be ten minutes of rounds and call changes on six bells with at least five working bells.
- A steward will be responsible for timing the test piece and for indicating to the conductor when the bells may be set.
- Up to 5 minutes of trial ringing will be allowed and the bells will then be set before the test piece is rung. Before commencing the test piece, a signal will be given to the judges of two whole pulls on 1-2.
- The entire test piece shall be judged from the pull off to the bells being set. No faults will be incurred if any of the bells are not set.
- Two competent ringers, preferably not resident in Kent, will be appointed as judges, and their decision shall be final.
- Any question of doubt concerning the competition will be settled by the Chairman of the Association or their appointed deputy.
I do hope that you will consider participating either as an individual tower, a group of towers, a District or as a group representing more than one District.